How to achieve the perfect ombre lip
Lipstick is a very diverse piece of makeup as you can do so many different funky things with it. The ‘ombre’ lip trend has been sweeping the world with actresses such as Jessica Alba sporting the awesome lip on the red carpet. Here are the simple steps to getting the perfect ombre lip to make sure you’re keeping up with the latest lipstick trends:
- Find 3 of your favourite lipsticks (preferably 3 of the same colour in different shades) for example Dawn, Summer and Blush.
- Scrub your lips to make sure they’re ready for lipstick application (DIY scrub)
- Apply the medium shade out of the 3 all over your lips. In this case it would be Summer It does not have to be perfect as you are going to apply other colours on top of it!
- Outline your lips with the darkest of the 3 shades. In this case it would be Blush or, alternatively, you could use a dark lip liner if you have one.
- Add the lightest of the 3 shades (Dolce) to the centre of both lips to add a highlighted effect. This will really create the ombre effect as you will be able to see all 3 different shades, going from darkest to lightest in the middle.
- Finally, blend all 3 shades together with a lip brush or even your index finger to give a more seamless look to your lips.
And just like that, you’re rocking beautiful ombre lips. A look that can be done with any 3 shades of one colour, the colour combination is up to you!
All the lipsticks mentioned above are on special offer (10% off) on our website in support of breast cancer awareness for the whole month! #Pinktober